Internships in Washington, DC
Boost your career in international development at the IDB Group Headquarters.
A thriving place to discover the culture of the leading source of financing for development in Latin America and the Caribbean. Two months of experiential learning where you will be part of teams providing financial solutions and development knowledge to both public and private sector clients.
Follow us and get the latest news and job openings.
Check this out before applying
FAQs for Internships in Washington, DC
How to apply?
- Create a profile in our system for which you must generate a username and password associated with an email account. If you already have a registered user, please sign in.
- Review all available internship positions carefully.
- Apply up to a maximum of three (3) internship positions related to your academic profile and areas of interest. For each application, you must attach the following documents in pdf format:
- Cover letter
- Passport. At this step of the process, it is optional to submit it in your application, but you should do it if you will be selected.
- Proof of enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree that clearly shows total credits vs. credits completed.
Keep in mind that once the application period is closed, you will not be able to make changes.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for each internship position submitted, where you can read the internship name with its identification number.
At the IDB Group, we review all the resumes received, and we will only contact the pre-selected candidates who move on to the interview phase. Please check the Summer / Winter Internship Program timeline for more details.
When are internships available in Washington, DC?
The Winter Program takes place from January 16 to March 15, and the Summer Program from June 16 to August 15. Each competitive process is launched approximately 3 months in advance. Check the current timeline for updates.
Do you make exceptions with respect to nationality or age?
Internships at IDB Invest are the only ones with no nationality restrictions. Regarding age requirements, persons who exceed this criteria are eligible for other job opportunities posted periodically in our career section.
Do I need a US visa to work at the IDB headquarters?
Only non-US citizens or residents need a valid visa to work at the IDB Group Headquarters. If you are selected for the internship, the Human Resources Department will guide you through this process.
Is this a paid internship?
Yes, interns in our Summer and Winter Programs are paid. Additionally, we provide round trip airfare tickets to eligible candidates.
What environment can I expect to find at the IDB?
Working with us, you will find an environment of diversity and inclusion where all are welcome.